The Dorothy L Sayers Society Flash Fiction Award 2016
The Dorothy L Sayers Society invites submissions for a Flash Fiction Award (£200 first prize) on the theme ‘Murder in the Cathedral’ to coincide with its Annual Convention in Canterbury in August 2016. Please see below for rules and how to enter.
Rules and Information
- Entries on the theme ‘Murder in the Cathedral’ must be no more than 500 words, excluding title. Any entries over 500 words will be disqualified. (Entries may contain fewer than 500 words but must not exceed it.).
- Entry fee per entry is £5. Unpaid entries will not be put forward to the judging panel.
- Participants can enter as many times as they wish, provided they pay the £5 entry fee each time.
- Entries to be submitted electronically (see ‘How to Enter’).
- Non-members and members of the Society are most welcome to enter. Members of the Committee of the Dorothy L Sayers Society are not permitted to enter the competition.
- Judging will be anonymous.
- The judging panel is: Catherine Aird (crime novelist); Carolyn Caughey (Consultant Editor, Hodder and Stoughton); Geraldine Perriam (DLS Society and panel chair).
- Closing date for entries is midnight (British Summer Time) Saturday 25 June 2016.
- There will be a first prize of £200, second prize of £75 and three highly commended £20 book vouchers.
- Winner and runners up will be announced at the Society’s Annual (Canterbury) Convention in August 2016.
- The judging panel will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result.
- Entry is taken as acceptance of the above rules.
How to Enter
Entries to be submitted as follows:
- Go to the payment page.
- Submit payment for your entries.
- Send an email with your entry as plain text in the body of your
message to email@example.com.
No attachments, please. Include the following in your message:
- Contact telephone number
- Worldpay payment reference
- Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.